Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grumpy in Iceland

Me and my grumpy friend Christine (Grumpy) refer to Anthony Bourdain as the Original Grumpy. He's gotten noticeably much LESS grumpy in newer seasons, much to my surprise and Grumpy's disgust. I was debating whether to put these on the blog because I've been raving about Iceland and I think it is a lovely country and Anthony Bourdain was being so....well, grumpy about it.

I'm not sure if I'd be raving quite so enthusiastically if there had only been 4 hours of daylight when I visited, and if I was made to eat fermented shark, sheep testicles and an assortment of sheep organs, but surely he must have had a more favourable response to the MEAT SOUP?! But see for yourself, don't let him get you down or discourage you from visiting!

p.s. the vile green vial that I mentioned that was a shark chaser? It's called Brennivin, is a schnapps (not a vodka), is also known as "Black Death" and it's featured many times in this episode.









No comments: