Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Goodbye Reykjavik, I hope you'll still be affordable in a couple of years



Thank YOU, Icelandair for letting me stop over for 4 1/2 days en route back to NY. Those were the best 4 1/2 days of the year. I have mixed feelings about Icelandair itself. You do not have to pay for checked baggage (you hear that, lame-o American air carriers?), there are USB ports on every seat so you arrive wherever you are with a charged phone, there are games and on demand television, the Icelandic duty free shopping is entertaining to browse through, BUT you have to pay for meals? Get real Nordic folk! Are you a budget airline or what? Make up your mind! You stand no chance against budget carrier Air Berlin, my new favourite airline (but distant 2nd to Singapore Airlines). The girl who sat next to me smiled and charmed her way into 2 bananas, an apple and an overflowing handful of snacks by brushing off the Nordic cold shoulder (she was also probably maybe 14).



Thats Candice looking longingly at the baked goods at Sandholt from the outside after we'd just left, wishing she had 4 stomachs. That is also me on the airplane wishing that I had bought my plane meal from them before leaving. Should you fly with Icelandair please, please buy some Bonus bread and slap some hammy cream cheese between it and bring it with you on the plane. My Sandholt braid was not enough to sustain me and I had to succumb to Roast Beef Melt ala Air Plane. SAD TIMES!!!! I sorta made up for it by swiping 6 free bottles of glacial water at the departure gate.

So, goodbye Iceland, I wish I had eaten more food to post about, but onto BAVARIAN HEIDY HO food from Munich next!

No comments: