Saturday, July 4, 2009

fish and chips in the artic & an ode to skyr


You can't be in Iceland and not eat fish. All my of meat meals were fish save for a lamb lunch. Icelandic Fish an Chips has been on my want list for a long time and I was finally here. EXCITING TIMES. The best thing about this fish and chips place is that it is completely organic, they fry their fish in a healthier spelt & barley batter (crunchy), they use a dip made out of skyr (Icelandic yogurt that only contains 0.2% fat and doesn't have the lovely green tinge that American nonfat yogurts and milks do, yet it has all the flavor of a full fat yogurt and is as light as a feather), and their desserts are made using mostly agave syrup and not processed sugar.







I had the ling, which is a long skinny fish similar to cod, with cilantro skyr and Candice had the wolf fish which had a lovely texture, with basil and garlic skyr. I'm usually not one of sauce and dips, but with this skyr dip I wanted to eat a whole gallon of it.







Then I had skyr with berries.

If I could eat skyr everyday, I'd be a happy girl.

No comments: