Monday, July 20, 2009

Fette Sau



Since my mediocre experience at Dinosaur Barbecue (festive atmosphere, meh food, unacceptable wait), I've stayed away from barbecue because....well, I like barbecue steak over a grill better. Fette Sau in Williamsburg is a dingy looking alley with a neon pink sign beckoning you into a garage. I've always been intrigued, but when I found they served barbecue, I said never mind. Time to suck it up and suck on some ribs when my friend Lauren had her birthday party there.



I wandered to the bar and ordered a cherry soda before the meat massacre and beer guzzling. (Actually I cannot guzzle too much beer. It's much more fun for others than it is for me.) And guess what! Real sugar, no high fructose corn syrup! Wow! Amazing! It doesn't take much to win me over little by little. Also, I learned that the meat was from small local farms and this restaurant buys the entire animal, so you know exactly where it comes from and more specifically, the animal you're eating. I didn't inquire about my ingested pig, but I'm sure you could. And a happy pig is a TASTY PIG. I was totally sold.



I'm sorry I ate all the meat that was put in front of me in such a hurry, that all I managed to take pictures of in my idle time was beer. Incidentally, you can order beer by the jar, half gallon or gallon. You order your meat by the pound. I loved the pulled pork, brisket and pork belly.

Sometimes when you eat a great meal, you are stuffed to the gills and feel a little sick. Other times, you know when you should stop, but have a hard time stopping. Your fingers say YES MORE and your stomach says YESSSSSS MORRRREEEE and your mouth is the happy middleman that gladly samples the goods but your brain has to put the brakes on it. Some people don't have any common sense and don't know when to stop.....sadly, that night, I did.

3 comments:

Pamplemousse said...

YOU ARE TAKING ME THERE.

I love the knife wall.

"A happy pig is a tasty pig" is going to become my new motto for free-range eating.

Mousse said...

When are you coming to visit again? You better move your chops before I am no longer here :(

Mousse said...

I will put together a detailed eating itinerary!!!!