Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fette Sau Part 2 - Meet the Meats



I posted a while back when I went to Fette Sau for Lauren's birthday and ate so quickly I could only manage pictures of beer in jars in between the carnage. I went back with a friend yesterday, arrived promptly at 4.59pm and burst through the gates, securing an outside picnic table and then gorging on a tray of meats (no plates). It's a good idea to get there early, before the place actually opens, otherwise there will be a line out the entrance to order food and then you'll have to fight it out for tables. It's MOST uncivilized. We had a thoroughly civilized meal with minimal waiting and moderate debauchery.

Here you order meat by the pound and we had some brisket, veal something, pulled pork and something shoulder. I'm not sure what they were exactly because I didn't go up to the counter to order. Mystery meat plate! German potato salad, some pickles and some beer from Ottawa which had the word "St Lawrence" in it. I'm not sure why I was so checked out. Maybe it was because I was functioning on 3 hours of sleep, but that didn't stop me from ravaging half a tray of food like a ravenous vulture.

Pammmmplemousse, are you going to hurry down so we can EAT THIS?!

Then we went to The Roebling Tea Room, one of my favourite places to chill out. The last time Pamplemousse and Brian were here we ordered a cornucopia of delights, the most delicious of which was some black bean and grits concoction.

I miss both of you!


At the Roebling Tea Room, Februaryish 2009

1 comment:

Pamplemousse said...

I've been missing you lots lately too! We are very poor right now and can't visit, but we will keep planning, ok?

That meat platter was made for a Pamplemousse, oh my lord.