Friday, August 21, 2009

Kitchen Envy

I went to Broadway Panhandler the other day to oggle at kitchen appliances. The thing about going to a kitchen supply store is that inevitably, I want everything there and consequently come away with nothing because I am too overwhelmed. That, and carrying home a 30 pound apparatus in an unwiedly box would deter many from an impulse purchase. Instead I tote bag in small increments little useful things: spatulas, multipurpose clips, a meat thermometer (in the same color as my apartment walls), but none of the big stuff. No food processors, seltzer water makers, pasta rollers, pasta pots, 12 inch skillets that double as weapons or multiple saucepans. Besides, my kitchen wouldn't accommodate such wares since it is about the size of half a shoebox. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of my kitchen but that doesn't stop me from lusting after other kitchens.

In aura blue...




In chirpy yellow to match all my robins egg blue accessories and appliances




LOTS OF SPACE




General coziness



I think when I next move and if my kitchen opens out into the living room, I'm going to buy a huge prep table from ikea and use it as a fake island and plant it in the middle. I think it would be spectacular.

Speaking of kitchens, I gathered up all the similarly colored things in mine collected over time and uncovered this ridiculous spectacle:

No comments: