Friday, August 21, 2009

Vichysoisse with some je ne sais qua



It is too hot to be thinking about dutch ovens but if I had one, yesterday would probably have been the most useful day to have one. However, that did not deter me from making some vichysoisse in a free (small) pot that a neighbor left out on the landing a couple of years ago that has served me extremely well. I now have three days worth of cold soup in my fridge. Delightful.

I'm not sure which recipe I used. I think it was something like 2 cups of potatoes, 2 cups of leeks, some onions, 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock and 2/3 cups cream and a bunch of ice, adapted from maybe 4 or 5 different recipes off tastespotting.

P.S. This heirloom tomato is beautiful. I have tomatoes spilling out of my fridge, but I had to add this one to my bounty

No comments: