Thursday, August 20, 2009

Blueberry Cake



How fortuitous that I saw this on tastespotting.com and discovered some blueberries at the back of my fridge, waiting patiently to be TURNED INTO CAKE. Also, miraculously, I had all the ingredients except for the cloves, but I don't think I missed them in the cake. It made up for yesterday's failed falafel and late late LATE dinner appearance (11pm). Also I think the glaze went overboard with the sugar (3 cups JUST in the glaze? Get real. That's three times the amount of sugar that's in the cake), so I made my own glaze: 3/4 of confectioners sugar and 1/3 cup of lemon juice.

(Incidentally, Stephen Colbert had Marion Nestle on last night to talk about the sugar shortage.)

I have a silicone angel food cake...mold....that is extremely easy to unmold (I guess I can't really call it a pan?). The cake popped right out with no incident and now I have too much blueberry cake to know what to do with. If you're in NYC in the next 48 hours, you're welcome to over for some cake and coffee!

No comments: