Saturday, February 5, 2011

(a small) Jamie revival



Sometimes I procrastinate making the week's food on the weekend and suddenly it's midweek and I'm foraging like a raccoon through my fridge, eating pickles and cheese when I really should be thinking about making a pot of something substantial.

This early Jamie Oliver chicken recipe seemed to require just about as little effort as I was willing to put into. So little effort, in fact, you could spend more time eating it than making it or thinking about it. It doesn't even require any babysitting, so It's even better if you want to take a nap before dinner and awake to a delicious smelling apartment.

3 comments:

Pamplemousse said...

Haha! I realized I had been too fickle with my dear Jamie when, only a day after my Sophie Dahl post, I needed to pull out a recipe from one of his cookbooks. I realized at that moment that I had to confess to myself that I can't live without him. Also, he gave Sophie's cookbook a great review on its cover. I guess I neglected to consider that I could be a polygamous celebrity chef lover!

Mousse said...

I did a really uncity-like thing at the grocery a couple of days ago. I was contemplating chicken legs and on the bottom shelf, the extra large package caught my attention with it's "FAMILY PACK 50c OFF PER POUND!" sticker and I carted the unwieldy package of legs from 5 chickens home.

i roasted them ALL this way yesterday. So easy. So much chicken.

Pamplemousse said...

AWESOME! I want to be at your place for dinner.