Monday, February 28, 2011

More seasonal goodies




I couldn't help myself. In addition to the cheese heart, I ordered some rose petal confit and decided to put its first use towards some Tea Rose ice cream, thus adding to my ever expanding flavour offerings at Janicey Goodness (aka my kitchen). It helps that I have a nice view of a faux English Garden Courtyard.


I was a little overzealous with the use of rose water, indiscriminately pouring it into the custard when I thought that wasn't fragrant enough. Olfactory senses numbed, it wasn't until the next day when I realized that my perfumed custard might be....extremely rosy. And surprisingly yellow! (Presumably from the egg yolks) My mistrust in commercially produced (perfectly powder pink) deepens.

1 comment:

Pamplemousse said...

Your little Valentines Janice is so cute! Adorable! I can't wait to visit Janicey Goodness sometime soon!