Friday, August 8, 2008

Bon Appetite

I was standing in Pamplemousse's kitchen last month making a white bean dip with garlic scapes and took them out in their curls one by one and snipped them into her blender.

"Here smell them, they smell so good."

She looked at me and said "I know. I already chewed on it."

We've been friends for a while, but our mutual lust for food was only recently discovered over barbecue, strawberry salad and breakfast with herbs. I didn't always like to eat, it was a hassle and it was too hot to eat in Singapore. Now it's sort of taken over my life since cold winters were a force to be reckoned with and an onset of intense farmers market fervor. Vegetables have also are fairly recent thing for me. I never liked carrots until a year ago and meticulously picked them out of food. Now I've been seen clamoring for spring carrots at 7.30 in the morning and buying POUNDS of mesclun mix to hoard in my fridge.

So thus begins the food blog of The Mousse and the Pamplemousse (the thing and the thing configuration in most arbitrary names for English and Irish pubs). In other news, I might ask an eggshell blue mixer to come and live with me this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! did you get the lusty kitchen aid mixer? Best name! Congrats! xo