Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tasty Cephalopods

I wanted to pay tribute to my all time favourite food blog: Deep End Dining, by showing you two posts that changed the way I look at food forever (for good or bad).

Eddie Lin, you are one deliciously sick man.

The first is imprinted forever in the cookbook of my brain as a piece of blog writing perfection. A lasting classic. In this piece, Eddie invents the peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich as a demonstration of environmental activism (with the rise in sea temperatures, jellyfish have begun to choke out all other underwater life):

Peanut Butter and Jellyfish



The video where he feeds the pb and jf sandwich to his unsuspecting wife is gold. You gotta love her for liking the stuff. She is adorable.

pb & jellyfish sandwich from eric alba on Vimeo.

Then there's the time Eddie eats live octopus tentacles. This was my first radical encounter with live food. It blew my mind. Since then I have discovered that people eat all kinds of things live: snake, lobster, whole octopus... all still wriggling. I don't know if I could do it.

Rude food. Live Octopus Tentacles.

Live Tentacles (High Res) from eric alba on Vimeo.



Would you? Have you?

4 comments:

Mousse said...

NO. WAY. i could never do that! octopuses are as smart as a 3 year old!

Pamplemousse said...

Mmm... tasty three year olds.

Mousse said...

PAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie Lin said...

Thank you so much! I am very flattered. Sorry it took so long to discover you. I love your passion and keep on blogging!