Monday, June 29, 2009

Marmite Love



I have always had an insane craving for all things salty, spicy, and sour (someday I will tell you about my pickle fetish, or my S&M relationship with kim chi, or how many extra hot pepperettes I am embarassed to consume in a day). Other people love cupcakes, I love all things strange and savoury.

(I recently named the groundhog who lives on our property Polskie Ogorki, and I think if I ever got into meditation, UMAMI would be my chant word. UMAAAAMI UMAAAAMI.)

This morning, I made my idea of heaven on a plate: my new favourite breakfast is an open-faced toasted sesame bagel with a runny overeasy egg on either face, both bagel and egg slathered with MARMITE (a present from my sister who currently lives in the land of Marmite-lovers). A slight touch of sweet under the egg was the secret ingredient - a few very small dabs of President's Choice Spicy Szechuan Peanut Sauce rounds out the flavour and gives it a heavenly oomph.

Ooo, yeah. MArMIte, baby.

No comments: