Wednesday, May 6, 2009

the bread making warparth



I've started making my own bread. I've made about 4 loaves in the past 3 weeks. This is my latest specimen: chocolate cherry bread
nutritional power up: it's whole wheat

my previous loaves were eaten up too quickly to be photographed, but they were a marsala, raisin walnut and olive breads.

given that the chocolate cherry bread at the farmers market is a whopping $8, i went a little overboard with this baby, with an overly generous amount of chocolate chips and sour cherries. it was like i baked a large, lazy and crusty muffin that i felt just a little odd about eating it for breakfast. i'm not sure if i've mastered the fine art of making bread such that i could go on a breadmaking throwdown, but hey they are pretty tasty and they toast well and have structural integrity, so i'm not too worried.

what i am worried about is my new snuggly yet lethal night time snack: chocolate cherry bread and iced coffee with ice cream.

No comments: