Saturday, August 29, 2009

London



MAN, I am so slow. I was behind on my vacation posts from a vacation that happened 2 months ago and never got around to writing fully about London and Cornwall, and now I've lapped myself. Trench-coat clad, I had some roast duck, roast pork and more roast pork with some delicious vegetables and more rice than I've had in a month, which can only mean that I am in London.

I am also very jet lagged.

After a long long long and restless flight, I spent the 3 hours after it sleeping across 3 chairs in a transit lounge in Zurich with a hoodie pulled so far over my head that it covered my eyes. Then I spent the rest of the afternoon in a haze and groggy. Now I am so alert I'm not sure what to do with myself.

My grandpa wanted to take me to The New Covent Garden in Vauxhall tomorrow morning, a wholesale market that is what the original Covent Garden was. However, it is a little hardcore. It starts at 4am and ends at 10am. Should I still be awake at 4am, I will know where to go. Instead, I'm opting for normal person hours, a kick start to the day at Roast (voted Best Breakfast by The Times....which Times, I'm not sure, but I'm sure we'll have good times), overlooking Borough Market. Then we will feast on ice cream as we feast our eyes on fresh produce and mountains of cheese. (As I'm typing, I'm getting more and more curious about this wholesale market......I think I will go on Monday morning at the crack of dawn.)

But rewind to two months ago!

I was soooooo sick, so soo sick in London, I didn't really eat much of anything except for some yogurt, fresh picked strawberries and coffee. So during the time I was well enough to stand on two feet, I perused the candy aisle at Harvey Nicks (above) and found ADORABLE cakes at M&S.



A HEDGEHOG cake?! I wanted desperately to have a hedgehog themed birthday party with hedgehog themed loot, but it fell through in a major way....if only I had access to this cake!!!!!!!



Then I spent an afternoon contemplating chocolate and cute candy at Fortum & Mason after seeing the Waterhouse Pre-Raphaelite exhibition at the Royal Academy of Art.

No comments: